Galvanized sheet or coil is defined as a carbon steel sheet coated with zinc on both sides. Continuous hot dipping, or electro-galvanizing are the two processes used to produce galvanized sheet and coil. Generally speaking, the hot dip process consists of passing the steel through a bath of molten zinc. The electro-galvanizing process consists of the application of zinc by electrolytic disposition. The result is a layer of zinc tightly adhering to the base metal through an iron-zinc bonding layer.
A zinc coating is one of the most effective and economical methods of protecting bare steel from a corroding environment. The zinc not only serves as a barrier between the steel and the environment, it will sacrifice itself to protect the underlying steel sheet. Sacrificial, or galvanic protection occurs when two dissimilar metals are in contact and coupled with water and oxygen. Zinc corrodes preferentially to the iron in steel. This protection prevents corrosion of the steel at areas not covered with zinc. Thus, the spread of corrosion from cut edges, drill holes, etc. is minimized.
Our Hot-dipped Galvanized products, as well as our Galvannealed (zinc-iron alloy coated) products are manufactured to ASTM A-653 specifications. Our Electrogalvanized products conform to ASTM A-879.
Material Types for Galvanized Coil and Sheet Steel
In addition, the Hot Dipped Galvanized as well as the Galvanized products are available in a variety of coating weights including G-90, G-60, G-40, and G-30 for the Hot Dipped Galvanized products, and A-60 and A-40 for the Galvanized products.
Typical Applications for Galvanized Coil and Sheet Steel
Typical applications for Galvanized Coil and Sheet products include exterior building products, ductwork, HVAC products, flashing, electrical boxes and other electrical products, roofing, doors, sashes, automotive parts, appliances, commercial and residential steel framing, truss plates, metal building purlins, and any other products requiring a corrosion resistant material.
Specification of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil:
1) Order Capacity: about 15000 tons per month for the steel sheet and coil product
2) Grade: SGCC, DX51D, Q195, all according to the customer's request
3) Standard: JIS G3302 1998, ASTM A653M/A924M 2004, all according to the customer's request
4) Thickness: from 0.13mm to 4.0mm, all available
5) Width: from 600mm to 1500mm, all available
6) Coil ID: 508mm/610mm
7) Coil weight: from 2-10MT, according to the customer's request
8) Zinc coating weight: 60g/m2-600g/m2, double side
9) Spangle : big spangle, normal spangle, small spangle, non-spangle
10) Surface treatment: Chemical passivating, oils, passivating + oils
11) Edge: mill edge, cut edge
12) Min trial order 10 ton each thickness, 1x20' per delivery
13)Surface Treatment of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil